Cultural Center is now located in the one-story
building across Ewaneglicka Street. A commemoration
plaque has been placed on the outside wall to
pay tribute to the five thousand Jewish Holocaust
victims of Belchatow; it was unveiled in 1992,
marking the 50th anniversary of the liquidation
of the ghetto. Before WWII there was a Jewish
bank next to this building, whose manager, Jankiel
Ehrlich, was one of the ten Jews hanged publically
by the Nazis in Stary Rynek on 18 March 1942.
majority of the pious Jewish population lived
here in a row of narrow (ground floor only) houses
(the synagogue was just across the street). Most
of them were butchers and traders of kosher meat.
The shohet also lived there.
5 - property of Berek Dzialowski.
There was a mikve in the rear building.