The name of the street comes from the Protestant church   which was situated at the corner of Nowy Rynek.

  The other side of the street (near the synagogue) had a   strong Jewish presence.

House No 4 - One-story building situated perpendicular to the street, built in the 1920s as a small weaving manufacture. After the war it was the property of Mr. Gaszewski.


House No 6 - Two-story building, erected right on the back wall of the No 4, was the property of Szlama Feld. The ground floor was used as a dying and bleaching manufacture. Now a shop of the "Spolem" coop stands in front of it, directly on the street.

House No 8 - One-story building, former property of Ruchla Glikseliger. Between this and the next house is a yard where a Dzialowski textile factory was situated. Behind this a weaving factory of Zuchowski was situated. The property changed hands several times: as part owners were mentioned in 1932 Fajga Sztatlender, Jankiel Jakubowicz, and Perla Urbach. After WWII it was used (as many other Jewish textile factories) by the State weaving enterprise BZPB. Small buildings on both sides of the yard still exist and now house various shops.
House No 10 - Building of the elementary school for Protestant children. Founded in 1852 for about 185 children by the Protestant Pastor Schwarz. Later an upper floor was added. Now the building, also the site of the School No 3 in 1956-1972, is devastated and will be torn down.
House No 12 - Protestant Parish House from 1837, apartment of the Protestant Pastor
(now two shops)
House No 14 - Site of the previous Protestant church, erected in 1893 with financial means by Mr. Kaczkowski, the owner of Belchatow. He hoped to convince weavers of German origin to settle in Belchatow by erecting a church for them. During WWII it was the main center of the Volksdeutche and the house of Pastor Gerhardt, who collaborated with the Nazis, organizing the persecution of many Jews and gentiles from Belchatow.
After WWII the church stood empty for 50 years and was eventually torn down.