of Bełchatów was errected in 1893 in Ewangelicka Street
(now 19 Stycznia Street).
The Nazis demolished and closed it during WWII. The ruined building was finally torn down in 1956. A commemoration plaque was placed in 1989 on the opposite side of the street.
The house behind the synagogue was the site of the kahal
and Talmud Tora school ("cheder").
In the 1960s an apartment building was built on this spot (ul. 19 Stycznia No 2).
The cheder building surrived the war and became the office of the weaving coop "Czyn Majowy".
Now an apartment building stands there.
More information on