This street led to the town of Pabianice and further to the city Lodz. As the textile industry began to develop in Belchatow, many weavers settled here and had their manufactures at home.
There were 53 buildings (mostly one-story brick structures) on both sides of the street. In back there were court yards and gardens which stretched into fields.
Here the list of former residents:
- Szmulewicz, Josek, b. 1876 - melamed (religions teacher)
- Frenkel, Izrael Dawid, b. 1899 - trader
- Lajb, Szlama, b. 1866, industrialist
- primary school No 1
- Stobiecki, Jakob, b. 1893, merchant
More information on