Property of the
Jew Jakubowski. A physician, Dr Zygmunt Pajewski lived
there and had his office there. Now a bank.
No 7 (now No 17)
One of the oldest civil houses in Belchatow
which has surrived until today.
In the 1880s it was a post station owned by Szymon Mielczarski.
His son, Romuald Mielczarski,
a pioneer of the consumer co-op movement in Poland, was
born here in 1871. Later the house belonged to the dairy
co-op, and in 1928 was sold to Helena Pasikowska, who
owned a drug-store at Kosiuszki No 2.
The lawyer, Albin Chomicki,
lived here in the 1930s.
No 9 (now 19) - Post office
House No 11
This two-story house was the
property of Jankiel Ostrowski. Before WWII a trade school
was situated on the 1st floor.
Property of Mr Wittich (Wytych),
a Protestant of German origin. A bank, Komunalna Kasa
Oszczednosci, was situated at the street level, as well
as a butcher shop.
Between the houses No 11 and
13 some wooden barracks and shops were situated. Now it
is Hellwiga Street, which leads to the Dwor Olszewskich
(Mannor of the Olszewski family), now a Regional Museum.