Kosciuszki Street (West site)
House No 5
Property of the Jew Jakubowski. A physician, Dr Zygmunt Pajewski
lived there and had his office there. Now a bank.
House No 7 (now No
One of the oldest civil
houses in Belchatow which has surrived until today. In the 1880s it was a post station
owned by Szymon Mielczarski.
His son, Romuald Mielczarski, a pioneer of the consumer
co-op movement in Poland, was born here in 1871. Later the house
belonged to the
dairy co-op, and in 1928 was sold to Helena Pasikowska, who
owned a drug-store at Kosiuszki No 2.
The lawyer, Albin Chomicki,
lived here in the 1930s.
House No 9 (now 19)
House No 11 (now
This two-story house was
the property of Jankiel Ostrowski. Before WWII a trade school was
situated on the 1st floor.
House No 13
Property of Mr Wittich
(Wytych), a Protestant of German origin. A bank, Komunalna Kasa
Oszczednosci, was situated at the street level, as well as
a butcher shop.
Between the houses No 11
and 13 some wooden barracks and shops were situated. Now it is
Hellwiga Street, which leads to the Dwor Olszewskich
(Mannor of the Olszewski family), now a Regional Museum.
More information on
BACK TO MAP